Have you chosen a Student Representative for your Group?

Have you chosen a Student Representative for your Group?

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Dear All,

I hope that you are all starting to feel settled at the College and are starting to get a sense of the daily life of the College and Programmes. 

As I mentioned during my Induction,  Student Feedback and ideas are of real importance to the College and to our Quality Assurance processes.  

Each year we ask that 1 - 2 Student Representatives are chosen to represent each programme group; at internal meetings, meetings overseen by, or held with  Plymouth University ; and meetings with the Quality Assurance Agency.  It would be great if I could have the Student Representative names by the end of this week - by Friday 23rd September 2016.

I attach information concerning the groups at which Student Representation is necessary; this gives more information about each Group purpose and shares all meeting dates for the 2016-17 Academic Year.   Minutes from meetings held during 2015-16 can be found in the Open Area of the VLE.

In addition to the dates on the attachment, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)  (http://www.qaa.ac.uk/about-us) are due to visit the week commencing the  28th November  2016.  The QAA are likely to ask for a number of students to meet with them during their visit.  The date will be confirmed closer to the time; hopefully in early October.   Students from 2015-16 submitted a Report to the Quality Assurance Agency on 7th September.  https://open.schumachercollege.org.uk/pluginfile.php/333/mod_forum/post/2321/QAAStudentSubmission%20%281%29.pdf.   The Lead Representative for this QAA submission was Amy Seefeldt (Ecological Design Thinking); who is currently overseas completing her dissertation. If you have been chosen as a Student Representative for your group, I would like you to consider  taking on a secondary role; acting as the Lead Representative  & Student contact for the QAA.   If you would like to discuss this further please let me know.   

Sending very best wishes to you all. I look forward to seeing you back at The Postern next week!  Michelle

Michelle.North@Schumachercollege.org.uk

01803 847231 (My direct number)  - Extension 7231 if dialling internally.

01803 847212 (Postgraduate Main line)